If you are a health conscious foodie and often like to snack during the day, you will be grateful for Greek yogurt which has a rich and creamy taste. Even nutritionists and health experts around the globe agree that Greek yogurt is one of the best choices you can make.
There are plenty of reasons supporting this fact. The most important are listed below-
- It helps to keep your heart healthy-
The two primary causes for heart disease are cholesterol and fat. Most of the foods that one frequently snacks on contain high percentages of these substances. However, with Greek yogurt you will not have to worry as it contains zero amounts of cholesterol and fat. So, even if you eat 6 oz. of Greek yogurt a day, it will be safe. Eat as much yogurt as you want without thinking about putting your heart in danger.
- It helps to keep your bones healthy-
Milk of high concentration is used to make Greek yogurt. Therefore with each spoonful you will be consuming more amounts of calcium as compared to regular glasses of milk. You benefit 20 percent of calcium from Greek yogurt which help to make your bones stronger. This will also be beneficial later in life, when you will need good reserves of calcium in your bones.
- It will help you to lose weight- Greek yogurt is filling and satisfying. For instance if you eat 6 oz. of Greek yogurt, you will feel more full as compared to having 6 oz. of clear soup. Therefore if you are left satisfied after eating a portion of yogurt, you will slowly start losing all those extra pounds.
- It helps to build those muscles- In case you are concentrating on building and shaping those biceps and six packs, Greek yogurt is great for you as it contains 30 percent protein. As mentioned earlier, it contains negligible fat amounts; therefore you can eat as much as you want while you are hitting the gym!
- It makes a great deal for sumptuous snacks- When thinking about healthy snacking, open up your mind and think about what you would like to eat along with yogurt. You can add a tablespoon or two of honey to Greek yogurt as this gives it a refreshing and light taste. Or if you are in the mood for fruits, you can add it to the yogurt. You may also want to add granola to the yogurt in case you are having it for breakfast or just want a crunchy snack. You can also try it as dressing on your salad or make a Greek yogurt pasta sauce!
Studies have proven that if you eat clean and healthy, you will never have to diet again. The special feature of Greek yogurt is that it is made from goat’s milk which has been strained to remove the whey. It is also noteworthy to mention that you can purchase a Dash Greek Yogurt Maker within $50. This way you get to make your own Greek yogurt without extra additives of the readymade brands.